Visit visa and marriage

Question details

Will I get 15 days visa for US as tourist visa and in this time marry a friend who is U.S citizen and also born over there in USA, so could I be able to apply for visa extension and then apply for PR in USA?


Spouses of US citizens are eligible for green card without any waiting. But I have always advised people to not use a tourist visa to enter USA with an intention to get married. I suspect USCIS can, if they choose to, raise an implication of fraudulent entry.

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <p> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><style> <drupal-entity data-*>
If you want to be notified of a response to your comment, please provide your email address.
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.