A general question on birth certificates for any case. If there are issues (like errors in names, spellings, etc.) and we know this upfront during/after the documents were submitted to USCIS, is it better to wait until the application is processed and an RFE is sent to us, or it is better to prepare affidavits from relatives (as secondary evidence) mentioning correct details of birth and keep it ready. The reason I am asking this is, sometimes getting affidavits in a short duration when the RFE is sent might not be feasible as relatives may not be available, maybe in different places, or may have even passed away.
Will USCIS accept affidavits by relatives prepared in the past, before the RFE was sent? Or is it only possible to prepare affidavits based on the specific questions raised in the RFE?
Also, how about a DNA test to prove relationships, can this be done and kept ready even if there is a likelihood of RFE in the future? Is this acceptable or should it be done only after an RFE is received for USCIS to accept the validity of this? This is again to save time, as there may not be sufficient time to get it ready during the RFE period, especially when applicants or beneficiaries live in different countries etc.
It is better to address these issues proactively rather than waiting for a Request for Evidence (RFE). While it's advisable to be prepared in advance, if an RFE introduces new concerns, you'll need to address them. However, this doesn't imply that the affidavits you prepared several months earlier will suddenly become problematic. If the affidavits are relatively recent, say one or two years old, it wouldn't be a problem.
Consider this scenario: If you had a spelling name issue and obtained one or two affidavits explaining it, and then the RFE raises this issue along with another one, you can simply provide supplementary documentation. The documentation you've already provided doesn't lose its validity just because the government posed additional questions.
In our practice, we only resort to preparing for a DNA test if it becomes the last resort because it can be quite expensive. I'm not certain about the exact cost, but we typically wait until the government explicitly asks for it.