Background: Applied I-485 application under EB3 after downgrade from EB2 in 2020. Refiled another I- 485 application under EB2 in 2021. Received EAD/ AP combo card from EB3 application in Jan 2022. Used it to travel out of country in July 2022. Green card approved in EB2 category while out of country. Entered USA using the Advance Parole from EB3 in August 2022 as the green card was in mailbox in USA. At Port of Entry, I informed them about the approval of I-485. However, they paroled me in for 1 year until August 2023 and stamped Advance pare in my passport. I collected my physical card from the mailbox after reaching my home.
What is my status now- Green card or Advance parole? Any impact on my green card status with that AP stamp as I used AP from EB3 after approval of green card from EB2? I did not receive any notice form USCIS about withdrawing EB3 application after they granted green card under EB2. Should I ask USCIS to cancel the EB3 application or assume that it is automatically canceled by USCIS?
1) PD - Initial Filing - EB2 MAR 2014 (Two Different EB2 filings with two different employers A and B)
3) Downgraded to EB3 with Employer B (New Petition but using the same EB2 PERM with Employer B) In Nov 2020, Filed I-485 Concurrently
3) Change to a different Full-Time AC21 - Same or Similar Role (Employer C) - Using AOS EAD
4) I-485 Got Approved in E26 Category (EB-2) before any I-485J submission whatsoever.
4) Initiated an inquiry with the Congressman to confirm this card is legitimate for usage and no errors / issues; still waiting on USCIS Response.
5) Spouse's I-485 also Got Approved about 2 weeks AFTER this inquiry was already sent over to USCIS (E27 Category).
1) Suppose that a congressman's written response from USCIS comes back affirmative for legitimacy of the approvals quoting USCIS discretionary authority. There is also a recent trend of many such approved cases where the applicant had at least one prior approved EB-2 petition with PD current - so this situation does not seem to be unique any more.
Should we still then pursue USCIS E-Request / I-90 submission avenues from our side - would it really be worth to continue stretching this any further at that point ?
2) You had indicated that until notified otherwise, this LPR card can be used for Travel Purposes. Can it also be used to say take up a second week-end / part time job, renewal of driver's licenses etc. ?
3) If you use this card for any of the above purposes, and unfortunately USCIS response were to be negative, do you lose your status - have to do any reinstatement etc. particularly in the travel situation usage of LPR Card ?
4) Can you continue using your AOS EAD / AP instead during this seemingly weird time window, since that also is a USCIS-issued valid non-expired travel and work authorization ? In general, can you continue its usage until the expiry date, regardless of your I-485 status ?
Can I change my profession after getting a Green Card? I received my GC in EB2 as an Accountant. Now, I see the salaries in the software/IT sector to be much higher.
1) Is it possible for current PhD students to apply for EB-2 NIW?
I have been through websites where they have said It's Possible, but then why is it not possible for current MS students?
2) Is it possible to work and study in F-1 OPT after completing the degree?
1. My previous employer applied for my GC and it just got approved on 07/15/2022.
(a): I have EB3 and EB2 I-140 approved from the same employer.
(b): Filed 485 based on EB3 priority date and received EAD and AP.
(c): No interfiling done to move from EB3 to EB2 and GC got approved.
2. I joined a new employer 5 months ago using H1B with mutual understanding with my previous employer. In case needed, I would join them back. No I-485J transfer has been done so far.
Q: Can I continue to work with my new employer using my GC instead of H-1B?
I have a question regarding the AC21 180 days rule. My I-485 Green Card was approved under EB2 category in March 2022. I changed my employer in October 2021 but my new employer filed AC21 I-485j only in February 2022 when my PD got current. When can I change jobs if I get a better offer? Do I need to work for 180 days with this employer since I-485j filing date?
In total, I have worked for 9 months for this employer (5 months before filing AC21 and 4 months after GC approval).
1) I-485 Filed under EB 3 Downgrade - More than one year back and pending
2)Independent I140 Approved both in EB2 and EB3 (Not as Amendment)
3) Currently working on H1B Work Authorization
4) I-485 EAD and AP Available but never used (EB3 Category)
1) If you change your job but by transferring your H1B (Change of Employer) and NOT use EAD, would the AC21 still apply (Same or Similar Job constraint) if you want to keep the I-485 alive?2) You said the last call that for Same of Similar Determination - USCIS Looks at all aspects:
a) Do the Job Duties and Actual Job Title need to be a dollar-to-dollar match?
b) Job Location Changes (One City/State to Another) and Job Mode Changes (From Onsite to Hybrid or Fully Remote) - Allowed?
c) Compensation Differentials - Positive or Negative - Any specific considerations/grey areas
I'm an Indian national living in the USA.
1) Employer A filed I-140 (EB2) which got approved with a PD: AUG-2014.
2) I switched jobs from A to Employer B.
2. a) Employer B concurrently filed I-140(EB3) and I-485/765/131. This wasn't a downgrade from EB2 to EB3. This I-140 also got approved and able to port PD: AUG-2014. Also I-765/131 got approved. But I never used them.
3)I switched jobs from B to Employer C.
3. a) Employer C only filed H1B and I-485J.
Currently, with Employer C and my EB2 final action date became current(As per the June visa bulletin). Now I technically have tw
o approved 140s(One in EB2 and the other in EB3)
1) Can employer C do a I-485 interfiling to use I-140 (EB2) instead EB3?
2) Since my PD became current in EB2, What would be the best option for me so that I get my 485 adjudicated sooner and get the GC.
I have a question about Interfiling my GC case. My Priority Date (Aug 2014) is current in the June Visa Bulletin. I'm planning to go to India this month and return back next month. While coming back I will use my AP for POE and also My wife is already using EAD and AP.
1) Can I interfile if I use AP for entering the USA?
2) Can I go back to EB3 if the EB2 date is retrogressive?
I entered USA on AP (EB3 EAD), I have a valid H1B I-797A till May 2024 I have approved EB2 I-140 I also have RFE on my EB3 I-140 (EAD and AP received on EB3 filing)
1) How can I get back on H-1B status without going for stamping?
2) Can I interfile my EB3 485 to EB2 485 with pending EB3 I-140