If an individual on an H-1B visa is laid off and currently on a pending B-1/B-2 visitor status, would an E-2 investor visa or returning to F-1 student status be a better option for maintaining legal status in the U.S.?
My H-1B to B2 status change (I-539) was approved, and the I-94 expiry date on my B2 approval notice is 21 April 2025.
Now, if I apply for a B2 extension or F-1 change of status, then can I stay in the USA after 21-Apr-2025 while my decision is pending?