Fraud/Misrepresentation FAQs

Impact of criminal misdemeanor case on an F-1 or any status

Authored on: Thu, 04/21/2022 - 05:32


I am on an F-1 visa and when I was working in a gas station I was caught for illegal distribution of cigarettes to underage. They issued a notice to attend the court. And my charge is 2927.02(B)(1) M4 under Ohio state law. I went to court, in front of a judge I plead guilty to the issue. I paid the fine on that day only. Later on, the case was shown on my SSN. Here are my questions,

1. Will it affect my OPT EAD card? Because I am going to apply in May.
2. Can I go and return from my home country?
3. In the future, do I need to face any issues regarding immigration?
4. Do I need to contact an attorney regarding this case? About any documentation.


Video URL

Not Worked for Green Card Sponsoring Company – – Fraud Implication for Naturalization/Citizenship

Authored on: Tue, 12/11/2018 - 02:39


In Summary, <br>
* I worked for the same Company from 2004 to 2014 (2004 - 2011 in US on H1B, and 2011-2014 in India)<br>
* BUT, after Green card, I did not work for the Company in US.<br>
* I don't have even a single paycheck from US Company after receiving GC.<br>
* Since then, I have been working in a job with same job description that my GC was filed for.<br>
* All other history is clean. I have two US born children, Always paid taxes on time, no legal cases.<br>

I heard from reliable sources that under current circumstances, my case will be marked as fraud and there is a 99% chance that they will revoke my GC and deport me, as I didn't stay with the employer that sponsored my GC.
* Should I be really concerned?<br>
* What are my options?<br>
* I have the option of going back to the same employer now. Does that help?<br>
* If my wife applies for Naturalization instead of me, is that going to be any different?


Watch the Video on this FAQ:

Not worked for green card sponsoring company

– – fraud implication for naturalization/citizenship

Video Transcript

This is a difficult situation.  I would argue that this is fine because once you went and got the green card you took the job and you are just working for the company's operations outside the USA temporarily. So I think it's going to be a touch and go, but that is what I would argue. You definitely need to take a lawyer with you. More...

Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

J-2 Status

Authored on: Mon, 02/05/2018 - 22:52


I am working in USA with the J1 visa as Postdoctoral Fellow. In April 2017 my girlfriend tried to come to USA and she was refused under the section 212a, because she told to the TSA agent that they did not have a serious relationship with anybody in USA, and they found out that she had sentimental links to me checking her phone, we were in bad moment in our relationship by that time. She has double nationality Venezuelan/Italian and she was trying to get in USA with the Italian ESTA. They removed her ESTA for ever and they told her that If she wan to enter in USA she is going to need a visa. Then I got married with her trying to get a J2 visa for her but the consulate denied twice her application under the article 214b, one in August ( after got married in Venezuela, and the other one now in December (on December we went together because I had to renew mine, but not success for her one).


Anyone who attempts to gain any immigration benefits, including visas, through perceived fraud or misrepresentation is permanently barred from entering the USA. In cases like this, you can try to revisit these findings with the consulate, but these are long, drawn out battles and difficult to win. Temporary visits may be possible with something called a 212 (d) (3) waiver.

Impact of a misdemeanor under Trump EO

Authored on: Fri, 05/19/2017 - 23:00


I would like to know is there anything change in recent EO's that prevent one get Green Card or USC when a person issued a SuperSpeeder ticket. Is this considered a misdemeanor?


Watch the Video on this FAQ: Impact of a misdemeanor under Trump EO

Video Transcript

The law is still the same as far as I know. There is no change if you are legally in the United States. If you are illegal things would be different. If you are in the legal status in the United States and you get convicted of one misdemeanor you are still covered and exempted by Petty Offence Exception. More...


Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Fraud or misrepresentation findings in visa or petition, what should you do?

Authored on: Fri, 04/21/2017 - 10:36


1. I am on H-1B visa valid till sep 2018 , I came to India in November 2016 and applied for stamping of my visa here in New Delhi consulate , they kept my passport and some documents and told me it's in admin processing and will contact the client, as I was not working for that client during that time so they have rejected my visa after 3 months in January 2017 , the section they given for rejection is 212 (a) (6)(c)(i) which prohibits the issuance of visa for for fraud or willfully misinterpretation of fact. I check My USCIS online status of my H-1B says that my visa has been sent to the department of state. Will I be ever able to enter the USA ?<br>
2.How to remove this Fraud charges on me?<br>
3. I have a B1-B2 for 10 years in the year 2011, but that passport got lost in the USA, I got new passport from Indian consulate there and then I was traveling in H1-B mostly,
So never bothered to inform and re-stamp my b1b2 visa from the consulate in India. How can I get my duplicate B-1/B-2 re-issued


Watch the Video on this FAQ: Fraud or misrepresentation findings in visa or petition, what should you do?

Video Transcript

1. Yes, if you can get a 212(d)(3) waiver for a limited time or limited purposes.

2. Make sure that this is not really an issue of fraud, get a lawyer don't expect immediate results. If you're lucky you might get this resolved in a few months, but it could take years. There is a waiver called 212(d)(3), you can look into that as well.

3. Basically, when you change passport, you just have to go get a new B-1/B-2 stamping done. It won't be a big issue. More...

Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

How to Enter The USA to Start A Business And Then Continue

Authored on: Tue, 08/26/2014 - 03:23


I am planning to start an IT company in USA which is registered in India. Currently I am planning to travel on B1/B2 visa for my company set up. Can I transfer my visa status from B1/B2 to L1 if required within USA? What are the possible chances of success? Kindly you please suggest me the best way.


There are several issues that should be examined before you can make an informed decision.

1.  B visa or ESTA does not allow you to “work:”

To enter the USA, a B-1 visa or ESTA (Visa Waiver Program) is a good option, but you need to remember, these visas do not allow you to actually engage in income generating business yourself.  There are several impediments to what you can do.  You are, of course, allowed to enter the USA, seek a business, negotiate and/or purchase the business.  You are also allowed to incorporate and/or start a new business, including, a US branch of your business in your home country.

Read about B (the same limitations exist for ESTA entries) visas:


2.  Are you already a part of or own an established business in your home country?

(a)  Yes: Look at the following options:

                                                               i.      L-1 (Intra-company transferee – visas where you have or are starting a company related to your foreign company)

                                                             ii.      E-1 and E-2 (Treaty trader and treaty investor visas – require a treaty between your home country and the USA.  India does not have any such treaties with the USA.

                                                            iii.      EB-5 (These are investment-based green cards requiring investment of $500,000 or $1 Million and creation/preservation of ten American jobs over two years)

(b)  No: Look at E-1/E-2 and EB-5 visas (links are in the previous para).

3.  Should you convert from B visa to any other visa?

Generally speaking, that is a bad idea.  Watch this video:

For more information related to B visas, you can watch videos from this play list:

4.  How do you start a business in the USA:

This matter should be addressed based upon the advice you receive from legal counsel in the State where you wish to start your business.  The incorporation of foreign business entities is regulated at the state level (as opposed to the federal or national level) in the United States. The application process will vary from state-to-state.  Here is a good resource page from SBA, Small Business Administration (SBA is a US Government agency) on the types of business entities you can form in the USA.  Generally speaking, you, as a B or ESTA visitor, should be able to form any of these entities: