Family Visa Overview

Certain Nonimmigrant visas exist to allow Fiancés of American citizens and Spouses (and children of spouses) of U.S. Citizens to enter the United States to complete the immigration process.  Other family visas exist including N Visas, a nonimmigrant classification to minimize any family separations caused by ineligibility for special immigrant status of certain parents and children. Please click on the Family Visa drop down menu to get more information on K Visa and N Visa.


Submitted by Evesh (not verified) on Mon, 07/19/2021 - 13:16 Permalink

I'm currently working in Canada and my husband is in the USA (employed). My husband has an I-140 approved. I have a valid H-4 visa. I would like to apply for H-4 EAD to be able to move to the US and work from the US. We have been living away for more than 8 months and we got married last year.

I completed my master in the US (2015-2017). Started working in the US until 2020 (July). My H-1B application was never picked in the lottery in all the three attempts. :( My employer moved me to Canada and I could continue working from Canada.

I would like to file for an expedite H-4 EAD application. My employer is wiling to provide me supporting documents for the need to work from US and the impact on the company if I don't work from the US. My work comes under essential worker category.

Can you please suggest if I should go ahead with the expedite request and what other documents would help me in this case.

Thank you.

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <p> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><style> <drupal-entity data-*>