Is it possible to apply for reentry permit with the SSN

I am DV 2010 actually working in a gulf country and I m not expecting to get beter situation in the USA with the actual recesion. My plan is to go t0 united states for a month to activate my green card and my wife's as well. In the same time I would like to apply for a reentry permit. I have few questions and I will be very gratefull if you could answer to me. 1-Is it possible to apply for rentry permit before receiving the green card? 2-If not is it possible to apply only with the ssn? 3-Do I have to apply for my son who is only two years old? 4-How long does it take to finish with biometrics

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

I have no clue about any special issues for DV folks. But the general law of reentry permit is this. If you have received approval of green card and entered USA, you can apply. USCIS can expedite biometrics if you have a good reason. As far as I recall, we apply for reentry permit for everyone (but read the instructions on Form I-131).

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment