F1 student married with GC holder

I came to US on F1 visa in dec 2003. I have completed my bachelors in 2009.I got an OPT for 1 year. Meanwhile, I got married to a Green card holder as well as I got an admission in master programe to maintain my F1 status. Now my master is going to finish in May 2011 and my wife will be US citizen in December 2011. I was thinking to file I-30 only right now. Once she become a citizen then I would file for AOS. What if I file I-30 will I be able to recieve OPT after my graduation?. Or just wait until she becomes a citizen?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

I would recommend filing I-130 when she gets her naturalization.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment