1. I-140 didn't get approved but received a GC-EAD card approved for 2-years along with advance parole. Is it fine to travel to India for 2 months or for how long staying from the US is valid while on EAD?
2. I didn't need to worry about having a valid visa while returning to the USA, just advance parole will suffice for return?
3. Prior to getting GC-EAD I was on H4-EAD, due to family issues I may seek a divorce. Now that I have GC-EAD will divorce affect my current status or upcoming Green Card? or should I wait until the Green card is through?
4. I have been an Owner of an Inc company while on H-1 and H-4 and H-4 EAD, but I haven't taken any profits or pay-stubs, except for signing on Company Tax returns. Does this situation restrict me from getting a Green Card? or since I have already received GC-EAD under the EB3 category, should I stay positive that I will receive GC in the near future?
1. Sure. EAD allows you to work, but advanced parole allows you to come back.
2. The law is if you return to the same job that you were doing on H-1B even though you used your advance parole you are still considered to be on H-1B.
3. I am assuming that the green card was filed by you and not your wife so the divorce has no effect on you.
4. I do not see any obvious violation of the law. I am just suspicious of that time you were on H-4/H-1 and had your own company. The only time you are completely free is when you were on H-4 EAD.
Note: Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments, blog and community calls on immigration.com. Where transcribed from audio/video, a verbatim transcript is provided. Therefore, it may not conform to the written grammatical or syntactical form.