USCIS Automatically Extends Validity of Employment Authorization Documents
I had my interview at 1:30 at Fairfax VA. Had printed my family picture at 12:50 on the way to interview it was heavy rain and reached there nick of time. We were called by an African American lady after 5 minutes after giving our oath she asked our ID and then got sign the waiver as our attorney was not with us. she asked question from my I-485 and she was very polite and calm everything was going smooth then she turn to my husband and ask about my date of birth which he forgot for few second and the then told her.
Discussion Topics, Thursday 26 April 2018:
FAQ: Must I carry my green card with me at all times? ||H-1B and green card transfer from a non-profit organization to for-profit||Filing EB-5 investor case with a promissory note secured by property in a foreign country||At what stage should I join my future green card employer?||Child turning 21, immigration consequences for pending green card cases
Other: Compelling circumstances EAD after the age of 21 ||National interest waiver, J1 visa and physicians ||Immigration consequences of amending tax returns||ACICS Accreditation restored, effect on STEM OPT extension ||Advisability of travel using AVR – automatic visa revalidation ||Transferring H-1B quota case before first October ||Naturalization for a developmentally disabled applicant ||H4 EAD ||H-1B extension with PERM || Rules for AOS EAD extension, etc
I am a staff in University of Pittsburgh and still have 3 more years to complete 6 yrs of my H1B. H1B sponsorship is an issue for me getting a new job.
1) When I apply for a NIW -EB2, can I simultaneously apply for I140, EAD, 485 simultaneously?
2) Although the green card date for Indians with EB2 is not current, can USCIS approve my EAD much earlier ( may be within a year) compared to approving 485 which might take several years?
3) Further can I use that approved EAD to change jobs by bypassing H1B sponsorship?
1. I recently filed I-140 under EB1 as I am on L1A, my spouse is on L2-EAD, can I open a company on my spouse name?
2. When I file my I-485 do I have to provide any documents (W2, Tax Returns) related to my spouse company?
3. As USCIS has announced In person interview from 10/01/2017, what kind of questions can I anticipate if I open a new company?
FAQ: Is interview required for compelling circumstances EAD? || Can we open a company while on EAD? What kind of questions/documents will be needed in the I-185 AOS interview? || Does H-1B extension denial invalidate an existing H-1B? || What can be done if an H-1B is denied while in the USA? ||Impact of taking a long break while on H-1B.
Other: Traveling while an H-1B is pending || Impact on naturalization of an incorrect name in the past ||Working from home on and H-1B ||Name updated on form I-140||Applying for L-2 EAD and change of status to H-1B ||Erroneous name on passport, visiting on a tourist visa ||Applying for H-4 EAD, I 140 withdrawn before 2017 ||H-1B issued without an I 94||I 485 delay, etc.