My Mother-in-law arrived in the USA on Feb 19th, 2020 on visitor visa (B2), her initial plan was to stay till Aug 11th 2020 but due to covid-19 and travel ban we have applied extension for another 6 months - Feb 4th, 2021 on June 19th, 2020. Her case status is still under processing("Case Was Received") even though she is getting close to the end of first extension. Since she is over 62 and belongs to high-risk traveler category(with pre-existing conditions), we would like to extend her stay for another 6 months, mostly till June 2021. Her authorized stay(I-94) expired on 8/18/2020
1) Can we apply the second extension for another 6 months while her first extension is in processing, if yes, what is the process?<br>
2) Can she stay in the US even after Feb 4th (first application requested end-date) while the application is being processed, will this be considered overstay?<br>
3) What happens if my mother in law leaves before biometrics appointment?<br>
4) if rejected, how soon do we have to leave the US and will the stay from I-94 is considered as overstay?<br>
5) Staying beyond 1 yr has any impact on future visits?
Watch the Video on this FAQ: Visitor, Tourist, B-2 visa extensions and multiple extensions
This FAQ has become such a problem for people. Answering to the question:
1. Yes, you can.
2. Yes, she can.
Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.