Traveling Abroad While H-4 EAD is Pending

I changed my job from company A to Company B. H1,H4,H4 EAD is approved for company A. I moved to company B and my H1 change of employer is approved. While H4 is pending with company B. Can my wife travel to India and apply for H4 visa stamping in India?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ: Traveling abroad while H4 EAD is pending

Video Transcript

You can travel if you are already on H-4 and just your EAD is pending. If you have a change of status as well as an EAD pending don't travel. If only EAD is pending and you are already on H-4 that is ok. Please talk to your lawyers. More...


Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment