Switching employers while one's spouse is on an H-4 visa and the steps to ensure a smooth return to the U.S.

Question details

If I change my employer while my wife is in India on an H4 dependent visa, will she be able to return to the US even though her visa stamp bears my old employer's name? She has valid stamping till Sept 2024. What steps should we take to ensure a smooth return to the US for her?

Video URL
FAQ Transcript

No, it is not a problem as long as you maintain your H1-B status. Whether you have changed employers or are in the 60-day grace period, she can return on her H-4 visa without any issues. Even if her visa stamp bears the old employer's name, it does not matter. There are no specific steps to take in this situation as it is perfectly legal.