OPT EAD errors and typos: Eligibility for resubmission or renewal strategy?

Question details

I graduated in May 2023. I'm currently working with an NGO and looking for a job. USCIS sent me my EAD with the wrong photo (typographical error) in August '23. I sent it back with the correct photo, and they sent me another EAD with the wrong photo in January '24. I also made a case to the Ombudsman, but they weren't able to assist me. Can I apply for a new EAD? (I've passed the 60 days after graduation period)
or should I use the EAD that's already there with me (with the wrong photo)?
or I can wait until EAD renewal and get EAD again How should I approach this situation?


Video URL
FAQ Transcript

You can continue working legally despite the EAD photo error.
Apply for a replacement EAD with a fee waiver due to the government error.
Explore the "receipt rule" for potential work authorization while waiting.
Contact USCIS to explain the situation and request expedited processing.
Remember, this isn't legal advice, and consulting an immigration attorney is crucial for the most suitable course of action.


Immigration Law