Starting Business on I-485 EAD

1. Am I allowed to open a corporation and run a business on GC-EAD?
2. If no, can I still work on a 1099 and file my taxes or do I have to be on a W-2 for an employer?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ: Starting business on I-485 EAD

Video Trascript

1. Sure you can. You can work for yourself, you can do multiple jobs as long as you have an EAD.

2. Sure, as long as you are not losing focus of your main job - that's the job that got you your green card. More...


Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Green Card: 
Immigration Law : 
Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment