H-1 extension beyond 6 years

My situation. I work for company A 1. My 6th yr H1-B ends in Dec 2011 2. Labor approved (PD May 2010) and I-140 (applied Sep 2010) pending - EB3 3. Once my I-140 gets approved (hopefully) my lawyer's plan to apply for a 3 yrs extension some time next year (Till Dec 2014). After/If I do get my extension for 3yrs with my company A, then Can I change my job to company B in 2012(who is willing to do my labor and I-140 again).

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

An extended H-1 can be transferred, but obtain the extension before the former employer revokes the I-140. I see no issues (generally speaking) with a PD transfer, unless USCIS (not the employer) revokes the I-140. Ask your lawyers for details.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment