Marriage Based Petition

1. I am a GC holder for a year. I got married in dec of 2008 to a foriegn national and need to know when to file the I-130 for my wife. I do not have any tax returns as yet since i did not gain employement till 2009. I need to know the best way to tackle getting my wife over. If i send the I-130 in how soon will i need to provide financial documents like tax returns and other statements of support. Or will it be ideal for me to hold on till i have at least one years tax return as i would prefer not to be the cause of any processing delays. 2.As a follow up to the question 1, as advised by you I have gone ahead and submitted forms I-130/G-325A. The check for the applications has been cashed, but I would like to know what the next step is or how best to follow up on this.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

1. I think you should file ASAP. You can get a co-sponsor and show all other assets you have.

2. For basic information call the USCIS customer service. Your local Congressman can help in the follow up.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment