Green Card Eligibility Under EB-2 Classification

Is it necessary for a beneficiary petitioned for Green Card under EB-2 classification (based on a U.S Master’s Degree) to have a degree from an accredited U.S. university?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

A Beneficiary’s degree must be from an accredited university in order for the Beneficiary to be considered eligible for a Green Card under EB-2 classification. Evidence such as SEVIS certification or state board approval, which confirm that the university is a legitimate educational institution, is not sufficient to show accreditation for Green Card purposes. A university’s accreditation status may be determined from the following website:

You may also want to watch this video Mr. Khanna prepared, “Accreditation of distance education for EB-2” and read the transcript:

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment