I have I-140 approved in EB2, priority date is 2010. When date become current for EB3, I want to downgrade from EB2 to EB3 (I know I have to only refile I-140 and I-485 concurrent). What will happen if USCIS denied newly filed I-140 (EB3)? can I-485 also denied? If newly filed I-140 (EB3) denied, can I used my previously approved I-140 (EB2)?
EB3 Green Card
Discussion Topics, Thursday, October 25, 2018:
FAQ: Travel during N-400 naturalization process || Impact of extending B-1 B-2 stay || Filing H-1B without an end client letter (supplied later)||NTA in employment based visa
Other: Marry a LPR holder || Changing jobs on the AC21 using supplement J || F-1 STEM OPT || Port back from EB3 TO EB2
With speculations that EB-3 may go ahead of EB-2, can we port down to EB-3 from EB-2 using existing labor, in general is it risky to do that, what happens if porting is denied will we loose existing approved EB-2 petition?.Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
FAQ: Can EB-2 approved file for EB-3?
I am currently on F1 in OPT status and working for Employer A, my Employer A filed for H1b this year. and I am currently waiting for my H1b approval Approval. Can my Employer start my green card process when I am in F1 status?Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
I am on a H-1B Visa for past 9 years and have EB3 I-140 (2008 Priority Date) from Company A and EB3 I-140 from Company B (2014 Priority Date). I am now with Company C. I am Heart Patient and was operated for Heart By-Pass Surgery in 2013 and since then taking my regular Medicines (for my entire Life). I feel stressed on continually working for 40 hours a week and feel getting a EAD will be a god's gift and I can use this EAD to work at my convenience.
I have given a few examples on my blog please look at that.
I just had my interview with my family for an EB 3 application. Everything went well until the consul asked my years of working experience as a nurse. I only had a total of 21 months of working experience. Then she right away told me, "Oh I'm sorry, but your application is under EB 3 skilled worker since you are a nurse and you need to have 24months for you to qualify, I will have to send you to the releasing to give you further instruction." But having read all of these PERM law and provisions, why did the consul said that my case is for administrative review? Can somebody clear this up for me?
EB-3, whether for nurses or any other worker, requires either 2 years of experience OR a bachelor's degree.
I am a Canadian citizen and was staying in Canada from Feb2008 to Nov 2011. From Canada, I filed for CP EB3 with employer A and GC was approved for the same employer in September 2011. I entered the US in the mid of Nov 2011. Didn't join employer immediately after coming to the US. I told my employer verbally and assure him that I will join him in 2-3 months and He agreed to it. In December 2011 went to India for two weeks(due to father's death anniversary). After coming back from India took a break (needed time to heal. Didn't try or looked to join any other employer).And finally from February 2012 started working for employer A who sponsored my GC. I joined a different employer in mid of 2013.
After entering US through CP EB3 in Nov 2011 and not working at all taking break and then joining GC sponsorship employer A. Will this gap (3 months) negatively affects citizenship application? Is it mandatory to join immediately? Can a new GC card holder legally stay without a job for a while immediately after GC is approved?