USCIS Announces New Versions of Forms I-600 and I-600A

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced that it has published new versions of the Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative, Form I-600 and the Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition, Form I-600A .  The new date on the bottom of both forms is “12/30/09 N.” Due to the changes on the forms, previous versions will no longer be accepted after a 60 day transition period. 

Beginning today, April 1, 2010, until June 2, 2010, USCIS will provide a transition period during which previous versions of the forms will continue to be accepted.  After June 2, 2010, only the 12/30/09 version of these forms may be used.  If someone attempts to file any previous version of either form after June 2, 2010, USCIS will reject the filing. The rejected form, supporting evidence, and any filing fee will be returned with a copy of the 12/30/09 version so that the person can file using the correct form.

USCIS has modified the forms to be more user-friendly and to permit prospective adoptive parents to request accommodations for disabilities or impairments during interviews.

Prospective adoptive parents residing in the United States must continue to submit Forms I 600, I 600A, and all supporting documents to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility for initial processing, using one of the following addresses:

P.O. Box 660088
Dallas, TX 75266

Courier and Express Mail Deliveries:

ATTN: Adoption
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

After Forms I-600 and I-600A are received at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility, they will be routed to and adjudicated at the USCIS National Benefits Center, in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. 

Prospective adoptive parents residing abroad can also file the Form I-600A or Form I-600 through the Dallas Lockbox facility.

Prospective adoptive parents residing abroad can also file the Form I-600A and Form I-600 as follows:

Form I-600A can still be filed at the overseas USCIS office having jurisdiction over the overseas place of residence.

Form I-600 can still be filed at the overseas U.S. Embassy, consulate or USCIS office having jurisdiction to accept the petition. However, in order to file a Form I-600 petition abroad, the petitioner must have an approved and valid Form I-600A and must be physically present at the time of filing in the adoptive child’s country.

Please contact the USCIS National Benefit Center at (877) 424-8374 or visit for more information on USCIS and its programs.

Immigration Law : 
Green Card: