Green Card through Parent or Child

Parent of a Green Card Holder - Options for Them to Stay Long in the US

Question details

Need your esteemed advice for my mother (75 years old, sick and disabled). We are only two sons and our father passed away last year. We have nobody back in Pakistan who can keep her and look after her. My brother lives in UK. I am living and working in USA (on EB-2 green card). My mother had been refused UK visa twice as she has no sufficient family ties to home country (Pakistan). I received my green card in April 2011 therefore I have some time still remaining to apply for my US Citizenship (January 2016) and then sponsor her. <p>

My mother B-1/B-2 visa is expiring in August 2015 and keeping in view her long frequent trips to US (she always departed before I-94 expiry, no overstays) and insufficient family ties to home country (Pakistan) her B-1/B-2 re-stamping seems very hard.
Can you please advice what can be done here? What are the options to keep her with us in US?

See clip from Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna's conference call video that addresses this question. 

Guestbook Entry for Dilip Jeyram, United States

Dilip Jeyram
United States

I have engaged Rajiv's office for over 10 years now for many different reasons. I've also been recommending Rajiv's law offices to my aquaintences & friends for over 10 years now. I have very close examples of people who lost 3-5 years going to some other lawyer & later, at  my advise, going through Rajiv's office, who somehow 'fixed everythin' ???? Rajiv once told me ... ' why do you want to engage my office? this is so simple, you can do it yourself and save some money..."  if you expect more from a lawyer... you are crazy!!!!! For Rajiv, its not about the money... he REALLY wants to 'do the right thing'. Rajiv provided me guidance for a new case - at no cost just because I was a old client -  & literally advised me I could save money by doing the work myself - it was very simple. I was infact, ready to pay him or some other lawyer 100s of $s because this was a inquiry near & dear to me. There is no better example of honesty & forthrighness ( i've dealt with many lawyers in my lifetime & if you have a better example, I'd certainly like to hear it) .  I'd ( & have already ) recommend Rajiv for his unparalleled knowledge & honesty in a instant & have also, personally, gone back to him time and again - H1B , family visas, family GC, company visas etc etc etc - again & again......its a no-brainer for me... & yeah.. I'd put my money where my mouth is.... --DJ

GC for Parents

Question details

I am a US Citizen through naturalization. I have applied for GC for both my parents and they are here. I applied I130 and I485 concurrently. I recd the notice letters and my parents got thier finger printing done on 03/22/2010. My Mother's I-94 is expiring on May 25, 2010. Do I need to apply for an I-94 extension since their 485 is still pending or can she stay till GC is approved without a new I-94 extenstion. Both my parents have a 10 year valid B2 visa till 2016. Please advise if I need to apply for a I-94 visa extension.

Sponser Birth Certificate

Question details

I have GC interview for my parents. I have photo copy of my birth certificate. Do i need original birth certificate of mine when we go to interview. If i don't have that, will the office deny the case or send us back for another interview.

USCIS does have the right to insist that you produce the original. They may give you time to get it if you do not have it. It is best to start the process of getting it right now.

I-130 for visiting parents

Question details

I'm a US Citizen & would like to sponsor GC for my parents who have 2.5 weeks of tourist visa validity. Is it possible in such a short time since you mentioned that they need to have visa validity until the I-130 is approved. Can they apply leave the country and get back?

You will need to file 130 and adjustment of status papers together.