I have I-140 and I-485 pending. H-1B ended on May 2018 and applied for extension which is pending. Spouse entered US under parole status and is valid till December 2018, H4 visa has expired in May 2018 Can spouse apply for H-4 extension after approval of H-1B extension? If so can it be done from USA or have to travel abroad for H-4 visa stamping?Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
Discussion Topics, Thursday 19 July 2018:
FAQ: Getting promotions or changing job description while green card is pending || H-1B petition revocation during visa process/reaffirmation || Section 245(K) protection during AOS/I-485 || Specific issues in the Trump NTA policy for denials || Other: Humanitarian parole || How long can a green card holder stay outside the USA || TN TD issues || Registering for Selective Service || Getting married after getting a green card || Applying for advance parole || H-1, H-4 premium processing || Birth certificate for I-130 || F-1 COS denied for H-1B || Correcting priority date errors || H-1B quota where no COS or Visa || I-539 bridge petition
Discussion Topics, Thursday 5 July 2018:
FAQ: How many days can I stay in the USA after H-1B denial a detailed discussion? || Applying for H-1B transfer while an extension request is under RFE|| Other: Applying for EB-1C, international managers/executives criteria || Desertion charges for military, effect on green card || 151 years for getting green cards ||Age for adoption/adopting a sibling for immigration || Being outside the USA on EAD || H-4 trading stock || TN for Management Consultant || H-1B transfers with approved I-140 || Promotions while green card is pending || H-4 to H-1 change || H-4 change of status || Green card pending changing jobs within the same company||Travel ban || Bridge H-1B petitions || PERM experience letters title, etc.
I'm working on H-4 EAD with company A. Company B filed for H-1B for this year and it was picked in lottery but no decision made yet, now I don't want H-1B and asked company B to withdraw the H-1B and he agreed to it and shared the H-1B withdrawal letter along with the I-129C notice. Just to make sure that the petition is withdrawn without any issues, can I also post the same letter again to USCIS with company's from address on it?Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
H1 to H4 COS pending from Jul 14 2017. I94 expired Nov 2nd. H4 to B2 applied on Oct 31 2017 as per our attorneys suggestion due to some delay with spouses visa. Spouse's H1 is now approved. I would like to get my H4 as soon as possible and apply for H4 EAD. Can I go to Canada/ any close by country and get my H4 stamping done while the petitions are pending or wait till H4 is approved? or going to India is my only option
Discussion Topics, Thursday 8 February 2018:
FAQ: H-1B or other status denied - what is my status?|| Can I get H4 visa stamping while the H1 to H4 change of status is still pending? ||AC 21 job portability, changing jobs before 180 days || AC 21 job portability, changing jobs before 180 days || National interest waiver (NIW) filing when priority date is not current || Other: Fixing I 20 problems ||L-1A amendment issues ||changing from H-1B to F1 ||Reentry permit and N-470 || multiple H-1B filings for the lottery/quota ||returning back to old H-1B employer if H-1B transfer is denied ||Impact of terminated deportation proceedings, logistics ||impact of revocation of I 140, EB-1C filing || Entering the United States on H-1B without a job || Client address change, DS160 filing || H-4 EAD and H-1 questions
I did my Dropbox on 17 nov17.
Discussion Topics, Thursday 2 November 2017:
-H1B Amendment Approved without I-94 attached
-Changing from Non-Profit (Cap-Exempt) H1 to Profit (Cap-Subject) H1 and GC filing
- Family based second category GC (F2A)
- Transfer J-1 Visa
- H1 and H4 Extension approvals
- Upgrading H-1 B to premium processing
I was on H-4 visa from Feb 2014 till Dec 2015. I was on H-1 visa from Dec 2015 to April 2017. In April my H-1B transfer got denied. Hence I applied for change of status from here (April 15 2017) and now my H-4 application is under process. In Dec 2016 (while I was on H-1B visa), I had applied for GC in EB2 category with my employer. My employer told me that my labor has been approved.
1: Is there a website where we can check the status of labor if it has been approved?
2: When can I file for I-140? Is it true that it has to be filed within 180 days of labor approval?
3: Can my GC application continue whilst being on H-4 visa?
4. Does the GC process, at any stage, require the applicant to be on H-1 visa?
5: I am planning to start Canada PR procedure. Will my GC application interfere with Canada PR at any point?
My H1B (6 years) was from 10/1/2004 - 9/30/2010 from 5 different companies. Company A - PD(EB3) - Jun 19, 2007, I-140 applied on July 9, 2007, I-485 filed July 17, 2007 - got laid off Oct 31, 2008. - I-140 approved on Dec 29, 2008. Moved to Canada in July 2012 and became Canadian Citizen in Apr 2017. I have been keeping Advance Parole active by visiting the USA every year. Now I want to add my family in Canada(wife(Indian Citizen with USA visitors visa) and kid(Canadian Citizen)). Do you recommend AOS for myself and Consular Processing for my family?