One of the ways a foreign national (alien) can become a permanent resident is through a permanent employment opportunity in the United States. There are five employment-based preference categories.
- First preference is for priority workers including persons of extraordinary ability, outstanding professors and researchers, and multinational organization executives and managers.
- The Second preference is for physicians, members of the professions holding advanced degrees, and persons of exceptional ability.
- The Third preference is for professionals, skilled and other workers, including nurses and physical therapists.
- The Fourth preference provides for special immigrants including religious workers.
- The Fifth preference is an investor-related category, which grants permanent residency to persons who invest significant funds in the US and create 10 jobs for US workers.
For detailed information on Employement Based Green Cards please visit these links below: