Working for the same company for 9+ years (7 yrs in the USA and since last 2 years in India Development Center for the same company). I received my GC in June 2016 and have got the physical cards delivered to me in India. Lost my father in Nov 2016. More than 9 months passed since GC - never traveled on GC so far or worked for the Sponsoring employer even for 1 day in the USA. I want to work and live in the US but for immediate time (next 1 to 2 years) I need to spend more time in India to console and support my grieving mother. My current company does not have any immediate work for me in the US. I am looking for options outside my company to come back to the USA. I am also considering an opportunity local in India.Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
I have approved I-140 from 2010. I read that if I apply for I-140 EAD (due to compelling circumstances ) it will revoke my H1B status and then I would not be able to adjust the status through I-485 without going outside the country and getting back on H1 which is extremely risky. The other option is Consular Processing which is also waiting outside US. Is that right? What status would a person be in US if on I-140 EAD due to a compelling circumstance? Is there a way to switch to H-1B so as to continue with Green Card through Adjustment of Status ( with same priority date) while within US?Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
My EB2 priority date is June 2009. I filed for my I 485 in 2012 and since 2013 I have EAD and have been maintaining H1b status. In 2014 I changed my job from the original employer who started my GC process (with whom I have I 140). I sent AC21 when in 2016 I got the standard RFE to produce medical records and employment proof (since then the priority date had retrogressed again), and also have H-1B with my new employer. I have not started the new GC file with a new employer. Should I file supplement J now, proactively, or should I wait for another RFE from USCIS when my priority date becomes current in the future, to file for supplement J?Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
My elder son born in India and now he is 10 years old. We came to the US in 2009. My visa status is H-1B and GC is in progress. My son is a bleeding disorder patient(like hemophilia). The medicine available only in the US. Does my son's medical problem make any issue while applying 485/EAD or at the time of GC issue?
It is not an issue for Green Card. More...
I am a physician currently in H-1B undergoing 3 years of J-1 waiver program which is set to be completed on July end of this year. My husband got his greencard through E-B2 category (rest of the world) in early 2013 When I was still in J-1. My name was included in I-140 but could not file I-485 due to my J-1 visa. I have been married since 2006 and came to the US initially on H-4 visa before getting residency in J-1 visa. Is there a possibility of filing my I-485 directly without waiting for the long I-130 approval process? Or is there any exceptions for a situation like mine such that spouse happened to be in J1 and could not apply for a change of status at the time primary applicant applied for I-485?
I have approved 140, Green card EAD/AP card in EB2 from company-A and passed more that 180 days. I have maintained H-1B status since last 9 years instead of using EAD/AP as the need to go India for marriage so my future wife gets H-4 easily. Just transferred my H-1B to company-B. Company-A will revoke my I-140 in March 2017 due to company policy. I have following questions to ask you.
1. Shall I get H-1B extension (beyond 6 yr) in future with company-B after I-140 revoke from my previous employer?
2. I have EAD/AP card from my previous employer. Is it required to start GC process like labor and I-140 application again with company-B if my previous employer revokes my I-140?
You can continue to extend your H-1 even after I-140 is revoked by the employer, IF, the revocation was sent more than 180 days after I-140 approval.
Under AC21, you do not have to start a new green card if:
1. Your I-140 is approved;
2. Your I-485 has been pending for 180 days or more;
3. You will take an employment same as or similar to your green card job; and
4. You file Supplement J.
Discussion Topics, Thursday, 23 February 2017:
FAQ: The new regulations, withdrawal of I-40, H-1 extensions; Will H-4 EAD Rule be revoked? || Can pending immigration applications be affected by changes in the law?|| Entering the USA on B-1/B-2 visa to get married; Misdemeanor conviction effect under Trump executive order; Legal rights/benefits of Green Card compared to H1B; Using for green card experience gained with end client; Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) traveling to Canada.
Other: PERM advertising requirements, salary; Does CSPA protect based upon an old I-140/PERM? || L-1A eligibility if visiting the USA frequently; Reopening abandoned green card case; I-140 revocation for errors; Changing from H-1 to H-4 while transfer is pending; H-4EAD and back to H-1; EB-1A for a computer professional; Consular processing of green card; Effect of affidavit of support; Counting H-1B period while COS is pending; etc.
How do we keep up with the rumors and changes in the laws? My I-140 is approved in 2013 and priority date is on 2013. Do you have any inside on country quota elimination bill?
I am in I-485 pending status based on EB2 and have been working on EAD since 2012. Under the new rules effective January 2017, I understand that I can file for EAD extension 180 days prior to expiration. Will EAD be considered extended automatically if the approval doesn't come before the expiration of my current EAD?Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com