EB2 Green Card
1. I got my H1b approved for a period of one year only and expires on Oct 27th, 2019. I work through a consultancy. Any precautions I can take in the future which can help me getting the H1b approved for 3 years in the upcoming H1B extension after Oct 27th, 2019.
2. Any particular documents needed for getting the H1b approved for 3 years?
3. If I go for stamping, do I need to be careful with social media at the port of entry? Any tips or recommendations you can give with reference to social media during port of entry?
4. My EB2 priority date is Feb 4th, 2015 and I'm planning to marry a girl who is a Nepal citizen and she's on OPT right now. Can I move my priority date to EB2 Nepal category after marriage? If yes, what would be my next steps - how soon can I file for I-485 interview?
1. I am currently in H1-B more than 10 years in the USA and I have approved I-140 priority date Mar 2011 - EB2. My current employment is getting over in 3 weeks. And my current H1-B and I-94 expires in mid-August 2019. My question is if I am not able to find another job within my H1-B and I-94 expires on Mid August 2019. What are the options available for me to legally stay in the USA after my H1-B and I-94 expires? I have own house. Is there an exceptional case we can file GC EAD?
2. Without a job how many days i can stay in USA before my I-94 expires using I-140?
Discussion Topics, Thursday, May 9 2019:
FAQ: Traveling while H-4 and EAD is pending || Working for two employers on EAD
Other: Visitor visa extension || Cross Changeability in EB3 || Port old Priority date || Re-enter on H1B before the EAD/AP is adjudicated || Premium processing for EB2 I-140 petition for national of India
Our client received a request for evidence, questioning its ability to pay all beneficiaries it petitioned for. We reviewed the company’s tax returns and other relevant financials, and demonstrated to USCIS that the unique totality of circumstances of this particular employer warranted approval.
Discussion Topics, Thursday, 24 January 2019:
FAQ: Green Card portability for EB-1C international managers or executives||What is the advantage of EB2 over EB3 category?|| Difference between final action dates for employment-based preference cases b. Dates for filing of employment-based visa applications ||
Other: Consequences of moving locations for H-1B and green card cases ||Green card through marriage||H-1B approval beyond six years based upon I-140 approval of another employer||Defining same or similar job for AC 21 portability||Cross chargeability||Converting from EB-2 to EB-3 ||Doing business on H-1B ||Changing employers from nonprofit to for-profit ||Rejoining an old job after a denial of an H-1B transfer||Difference between AC 21 portability and 240 days regulation to continue working on H-1B ||When is a Supplement J required?
I am with my current Employer since 2008. My GC is filled in EB2 with Aug-2010 Priority Date. Only I-140 is approved so far.
1) Can my employer file me under EB-3 concurrently without affecting my existing EB-2 filling?
2) If yes then what is the procedure for that? Do I have to do my labor and I-140 once again?
Discussion Topics, Thursday, 10 January 2019:
FAQ: The logistics of porting a priority date, how to? ||Consequences of and logistical problems in dealing with criminal arrests or convictions in immigration cases||What to do when the 240 days H-1B work authorization is expiring?||Downgrading a case from EB2 to EB3 for priority date advantage||
Other: How to calculate H-1B time while the case is pending ||Successor in interest cases ||Transferring family-based cases ||Converting pending H-1B cases to premium ||H-1B visa stamping problems ||CSPA issues while the I 140 is pending||Filing an appeal against H-1B denial ||Effect on employment-based green card of relocation or moving abroad || REmoval of condition on green card through marriage
I applied for EB3 in 2011 and port to EB2, now EB3 dates are moving forward and if it reach to my priority date am I still eligible for EB3 as I initially applied for or do I need to downgrade to EB3. Will there be any questions raised?Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
Marrying a Canadian and bring them to USA || I Apply for a NIW through EB2 || COS to L-1A || Can any company revoke I-140 after 180 days || H-1 transfer || 3 year H-1B extension || Fiance visa || H4 EAD and starting a business || EB3 to EB2 porting of priority dates