I am a US permanent residence (Green card holder) working in the US. I have received my Re-entry permit which will expire in Feb 2019. I have plans to get married to a bride from India and I will be visiting India shortly. I know that to process Family based second category GC (F2A) for my wife in India can take a minimum of 2 years and I will be separated from my wife during this time. Here is my plan to live together (with my wife from Day 1 in the USA) after getting married in India. After my marriage, ask my wife to apply for a tourist visa and I will send the sponsorship letter required by US consulate. Do you see any challenges in my wife's tourist visa application getting approved if my wife states that she is visiting the USA to see her husband if the Visa officer asks any question?
1. I am on H-1B visa valid till sep 2018 , I came to India in November 2016 and applied for stamping of my visa here in New Delhi consulate , they kept my passport and some documents and told me it's in admin processing and will contact the client, as I was not working for that client during that time so they have rejected my visa after 3 months in January 2017 , the section they given for rejection is 212 (a) (6)(c)(i) which prohibits the issuance of visa for for fraud or willfully misinterpretation of fact. I check My USCIS online status of my H-1B says that my visa has been sent to the department of state. Will I be ever able to enter the USA ?
2.How to remove this Fraud charges on me?
3. I have a B1-B2 for 10 years in the year 2011, but that passport got lost in the USA, I got new passport from Indian consulate there and then I was traveling in H1-B mostly, So never bothered to inform and re-stamp my b1b2 visa from the consulate in India. How can I get my duplicate B-1/B-2 re-issued
1. Yes, if you can get a 212(d)(3) waiver for a limited time or limited purposes.
1. Am I allowed to travel to the USA as a B-1 business visitor? How many times in a year and for how long can I stay in the US for my business trip?
2. What kind of paperwork would I be asked to show at the port of entry?
3. B-1/B-2 visa stamp is valid until 2026; Do I need to renew it every time before travelling to the US by going to the US consulate or any other office?
1. B-1/B-2 are mixed used visas. You can do pretty much everything on these visas. <br>
1. Does the new 60 day grace period for H-1Bs apply to one after quitting their job ? Or is it only applied to situations only in the cases where the employer terminates the job?
2. I am on H-1B and plan to quit my job and move back to India, I would need 3-4 weeks to wrap up things here after quitting the job. I am trying to see if I can use this 60 day grace period.
1. According to the regulations what my best guess is it was reserved for those circumstances where you had no choice but to be out of status, but if you quit voluntarily I don't think you can claim the 60 day grace period.
FAQ: What if I never joined the employer who sponsored me for green card; What if I move back to home country while my green card process is still pending; Can I go back and join an employer who has my I-140 approval, but I left them; What if I move back to home country while my green card process is still pending; Filing two quota H-1 petitions simultaneously through different companies; Changing employers after 6 years of H-1 are over; H-4 EAD changing back to H-1; Do jobs have to be same or similar when I port my priority date; FAQ: Is it legal to do business in home country while working in USA on a visa; Consequences of I-140 revocation; Consequences of I-140 revocation.
Other: Extension of H-4 while I-485 is pending; Removing conditional status in a conditional green card through marriage I-751; H-1B issues; What to do/options if H-1 is denied; FAQ: Doing business in the USA on a B-1/B-2 visa.
Carry identification and report change of address
What must you carry on your person for identification if you are in the United States in a legal status?
Discussion Topics, Thursday, 9 March 2017:
FAQ: Revoke H-4 EAD regulation; Joining a company other than green card sponsor; staying abroad after green card - reentry permit; Green card holder staying abroad for more than 6 months; Medical problems/diseases that can cause issues in green card; Impact of the new I-140 regulations; Physician FMG applying for Cap H-1 through a cap exempt employer; Compelling circumstances EAD.
How to find out if my I-140 has been revoked, etc; AC21, changing jobs, when to file Supplement J;
Other: Correcting errors on I-140 approval; Revocation of I-140 and approval of H-1 extension; H-1 converting to B-1/B-2; Green card staying outside the USA for more than 6 months; Changing jobs after I-140 approval - priority date; H-1 extension when I-140 is denied, H-4 EAD, etc; Filling for N-400; I-130 returned to USCIS by consulate; Compelling circumstances EAD for child being sick; CSPA in family-based applications; etc.
My brother in law has got Green Card on November 2013 from Parents based. He will be getting engaged this year April 2017 in the USA with a girl who is Indian Citizen. She has B1/B2 visitor visa. So I have couple questions. If she comes to the USA and gets married here in the USA and my brother in law will fill petitioned for F2A category (on Green Card based) then will she face any issues in future while coming to the USA on B1/B2 visa?Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
Discussion Topics, Thursday, 23 February 2017:
FAQ: The new regulations, withdrawal of I-40, H-1 extensions; Will H-4 EAD Rule be revoked? || Can pending immigration applications be affected by changes in the law?|| Entering the USA on B-1/B-2 visa to get married; Misdemeanor conviction effect under Trump executive order; Legal rights/benefits of Green Card compared to H1B; Using for green card experience gained with end client; Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) traveling to Canada.
Other: PERM advertising requirements, salary; Does CSPA protect based upon an old I-140/PERM? || L-1A eligibility if visiting the USA frequently; Reopening abandoned green card case; I-140 revocation for errors; Changing from H-1 to H-4 while transfer is pending; H-4EAD and back to H-1; EB-1A for a computer professional; Consular processing of green card; Effect of affidavit of support; Counting H-1B period while COS is pending; etc.