DHS, USCIS invites the general public and other Federal agencies to comment upon this proposed revision of a currently approved collection of information. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the information collection notice is published in the Federal Register to obtain comments regarding the nature of the information collection, the categories of respondents, and the estimated burden (i.e. the time, effort, and resources used by the respondents to respond).
For Forms I-765 and I-765WS, USCIS is especially interested in the public’s experience, input, and estimate of the burden in terms of time and money incurred by applicants for the following aspects of this information collection:
• The time burden incurred by preparers (persons who assist the respondent with the preparation of the form) who are not paid by the respndent.
• For preparers who are paid, the time and expense to the respondent to find and secure such preparers for assistance.
• The amount that paid preparers charge for their services.
• The time required to obtain supporting documents for Forms I-765 and I-765WS.
• The monetary costs incurred to secure supporting documents from sources such as a landlord, church, utility, public agency (housing, social services, law enforcement, local/state governments), school, medical care provider, advocacy group, law firm, or military service.
• The average time required and cost incurred to secure secondary evidence such as an affidavit or a statement.
• The percentage of total applicants who require English translations of their supporting documents.
• The percentage of supporting documents for each individual applicant that require translation into English.
• The time required to find, hire or otherwise obtain translations of supporting documents for immigration benefit requests.
• The average out of pocket monetary cost if any to obtain translations of supporting documents when required.
For more information on this notice please click here