I am UK citizen and had withdrawn a bank loan when I was in UK, which I did not pay back. I am on bad credit in UK. Currently I am working in USA for more than 2 years and my current employer in USA is ready to sponsor Green Card for me. My current USA employer does not know about my bad credit in UK. My Question is: During background and security check for green card process, will this loan effect my GC? Does the GC background and security check process includes financial unpaid loans/bad credits in other countries as well?
General Green Card
I am considering working contract jobs while employed by a self-owned company. I am on GC-Ead (pending AOS). Considering the mandatory filing of supplement J forms in case of job change. Is there potential for rejection? Considering that it will be a brand new company and no turnover at the time of filing supplement J.
Discussion Topics, Thursday 2 November 2017:
-H1B Amendment Approved without I-94 attached
-Changing from Non-Profit (Cap-Exempt) H1 to Profit (Cap-Subject) H1 and GC filing
- Family based second category GC (F2A)
- Transfer J-1 Visa
- H1 and H4 Extension approvals
- Upgrading H-1 B to premium processing
I have approved I-140 with company A and my wife has her I-140 approved or over 2 years. I'm planning to move to H4 EAD. Can I file for H4 and H4 EAD concurrently? What would happen to my earlier I-140 and also to the GC process if I am on H4?
You can most definitely file H-4 and EAD together. Your green card process can continue even though you have changed your status.
EAD Renewals, prevailing wages for Illinois, H-1B transfer, F2A category Green Card, Rules changed on LCA,
Point system - how it will affect those who are already waiting for Green Card.
Lawful permanent residents who file the online Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, without assistance from an attorney or accredited representative, can now file their form and upload evidence entirely on a mobile device. The redesign of the online Form I-90 also allows lawful permanent residents to navigate the site more easily, making the process of renewing or replacing Green Cards more convenient.
What is RFE and audit of GC?Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
1. I am Green card holder, can I sponsor my mom for dependent visa, she is in India?
2. Is there any time limit for which extension to be provided?
1. You have to be a US citizen to sponsor her Green card. For Green Card holders as I recall the only family other than the children and wife they can sponsor is unmarried adult children over 21 but unmarried you can apply for their Green Card. Once you become US citizen your possible beneficiaries can be larger including your parents. There is little-known provision that is sometimes used, use it if it's necessary when let say your parents they don't have anybody in India to take care of them.
1. I got my green card after that should I notify any US government agencies and Indian government regarding the change in status and having received my Green Card?
2. Is there any restriction on my traveling outside the USA when I am on Green Card status?
3. So what if I want to go to India for two months?
4. What is N-470?
5. Does any unemployment in the future affect Green card?
1. There is no such requirement that I am aware of at this point today (June 2017) that you have to notify any US government agency or Indian government just because you received your Green Card. However, what you should do is you should inform your employer that you have got your Green Card so they can update your Form I-9 which is an internal matter within the files of the employer. They don't have to update any government agencies.