1. What documents do I need to travel outside the United States?
2. What documents do I need to present to reenter the United States?
3. Does travel outside the United States affect my permanent resident status?
4. What if my trip abroad will last longer than 1 year?
5. What if I lose my green card or reentry permit or it is stolen or destroyed while I am temporarily traveling outside of the United States?
1. In general, you will need to present a passport from your country of citizenship or your refugee travel document to travel to a foreign country. In addition, the foreign country may have additional entry/exit requirements (such as a visa). For information on foreign entry and exit requirements, see the D