What is RFE and audit of GC?Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
General Green Card
1. I am Green card holder, can I sponsor my mom for dependent visa, she is in India?
2. Is there any time limit for which extension to be provided?
1. You have to be a US citizen to sponsor her Green card. For Green Card holders as I recall the only family other than the children and wife they can sponsor is unmarried adult children over 21 but unmarried you can apply for their Green Card. Once you become US citizen your possible beneficiaries can be larger including your parents. There is little-known provision that is sometimes used, use it if it's necessary when let say your parents they don't have anybody in India to take care of them.
1. I got my green card after that should I notify any US government agencies and Indian government regarding the change in status and having received my Green Card?
2. Is there any restriction on my traveling outside the USA when I am on Green Card status?
3. So what if I want to go to India for two months?
4. What is N-470?
5. Does any unemployment in the future affect Green card?
1. There is no such requirement that I am aware of at this point today (June 2017) that you have to notify any US government agency or Indian government just because you received your Green Card. However, what you should do is you should inform your employer that you have got your Green Card so they can update your Form I-9 which is an internal matter within the files of the employer. They don't have to update any government agencies.
Pending I-485 petition (AOS), AP&EAD approved and valid until another 6 months. I-485 petitioner went to India, on approval of AP. While in India, I-485 approved on 29/3/2017 and Card received
I have been working with Mr. Khanna over the past decade to resolve my green card application. It has always been a pleasure to talk to him. He gives his advice in a timely and appropriate manner and has provided free telephonic counsel to me for visa issues concerning my family members - SEVERAL YEARS AFTER MY GREEN CARD WAS OBTAINED. I believe he goes above and beyond his duties to serve his countrymen. We really appreciate his timely advice on several occasions. Best wishes for a very successful practice in years to come.
Working for the same company for 9+ years (7 yrs in the USA and since last 2 years in India Development Center for the same company). I received my GC in June 2016 and have got the physical cards delivered to me in India. Lost my father in Nov 2016. More than 9 months passed since GC - never traveled on GC so far or worked for the Sponsoring employer even for 1 day in the USA. I want to work and live in the US but for immediate time (next 1 to 2 years) I need to spend more time in India to console and support my grieving mother. My current company does not have any immediate work for me in the US. I am looking for options outside my company to come back to the USA. I am also considering an opportunity local in India.Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
My elder son born in India and now he is 10 years old. We came to the US in 2009. My visa status is H-1B and GC is in progress. My son is a bleeding disorder patient(like hemophilia). The medicine available only in the US. Does my son's medical problem make any issue while applying 485/EAD or at the time of GC issue?
It is not an issue for Green Card. More...
After getting GC (emp based):
1. If an employee is working for an end client (employer - vendor - end client): while employed with GC sponsor, can a person be on bench (no pay) for some time? or like H-1B, it's considered as out of status, risk of GC revocation?
2. Would like to travel to visit family abroad- At of POE, any questions by the officer ? Even though still employed, but not on a project at end client?
3. While applying for citizenship later, if W2 < LC salary for any given year, negative impact during interview?
4. Also, as a green card holder, can a person be self-employed(sole owner of LLC - and do 1099 contracting for US clients) ?
5. In above scenario, is it legal if you(LLC) did not make any revenue in between contracts?
6. Is it legal for GC holder to be unemployed, or like H-1B, if you are on bench or not getting paid by employer - you are out of status - hence risk of losing GC?
It is easier to define the rights of a GC holder in comparison to the rights of a U.S. citizen. You can pretty much do everything that the US citizen can do.