Traveling While H-4 and EAD is Pending

Wife's H4 change of status application (I-539) and EAD (I-765) filed concurrently and in process. Can she travel outside country, get H4 visa stamping done and reapply separate EAD (I-765) again?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ:

Traveling while H-4 and EAD is pending


Video Transcript

If you have H-4 change of status and EAD both pending and you travel, come back and reapply for the EAD. You cannot use the old request. But if you are already on H-4 and EAD is pending you can travel and come back. FAQ in detail...



Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment