Travel on ESTA

Question details

My parents are both U.K. citizens and don't have any visas apart from just an ESTA; they are in the U.K. However, my wife is American, and I am now a U.S. citizen, and we both live in the U.S. permanently. We just had a baby a few days ago, and we want my parents to travel from the U.K. to the U.S. to help with the baby. Is this possible for them to travel on the ESTA they have? If not, can we apply for a different visa, so they can come to the U.S.?



 It appears they will be able to travel only if they travel to and stay for two weeks in a third country from which travel to the USA is allowed.

Note: Where transcribed from audio/video, this is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Immigration Law

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <p> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><style> <drupal-entity data-*>
If you want to be notified of a response to your comment, please provide your email address.