Staying in the United States Based Upon Medical Need of Child, B-2 or Humanitarian Parole

Currently I am in India, my H1-B got denied and left US. My wife is in US on the basis of change of status from H4 to B2 on humanitarian grounds due my daughter's chronic medical condition. Her B2 is still under process and if approves then good till 24th Feb'18. Since It is uncertain I will get another employer who can sponsor h1b immediately, Is there any provision for US born, parent can stay due to her undergoing intensive treatment? Can we apply for humanitarian parole?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ: Staying in the United States based upon medical need of child, B-2 or humanitarian parole

Video Transcript

If you are outside USA and your B-2 Visa is denied you can try a humanitarian parole. For more information, you can visit the USCIS link -


Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.


Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment