Reentry permit and DV 2010 visa

I got DV 2010 visa, but I am currently still studying in foreign university till September 2010. I decided to come here for 2 weeks, leaving school for a while to process the green card. Would I be able to visit US, just to taking care of the issue and request a reentry permit at the same time, so that I could enter US permanently after I graduate?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

This appears to be a classical case where a reentry permit is a good choice. There is an event (graduation) that is keeping you out for a certain length of time. I do not practice in DV area so I have no clue if there is something you need to worry about in that respect. You will of course have to be in USA to apply for a reentry permit and biometrics.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment