Reentering the US

I obtained my green card in 2004. I left US without obtaining a re-entry permit on July 2009 as I was out of job and found a job in India. Is it possible for me to get a re-entry permit to US? My wife is a US citizen, still working in US.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Unless you have an exceptional explanation for your year outside USA, you should just surrender your green card at the consulate and reapply. Reentry permit is not possible in your situation.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment