N-470 filing after an absence of one year

I have a GC since Oct 04, I got transferred out of my US branch to India office in Feb 07 and took a reenetry permit. I entered US with GC + reentry permit in May 09 and came back to India in Jun 09. Do I still have a chance to file N-470 now under "Necessary to protect prop rights of an American firm engaged in Foreign Trade", now that it's been it hasn't been one year, since I last left US under GC category? If you are absent from US from one year post GC, does it disqualify you forever for applying N-470? What if I go stay in the US for 1 year?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

From what I recall (read the instructions on the Form) you could file N-470 only if you stayed in USA for one year without any international travel. I see no reason why you cannot do so now.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment