Legal Stay to the Parent of US Citizen Child With Disability

My spouse and me are staying in USA since last 10 years on work visa H-1B. We have our second daughter born in 2016 who is facing neurological disability which requires long term care and constant therapies. Current scenario is my husband's H-1B has denied and couldn't get back to USA. I am here in USA with my both kids on B2 Visa. My both kids are US Citizens. Is there any legislation which can provide legal stay to the parent of child with disability in the USA?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ: Is there any law to provide legal stay to the parent of US citizen child with disability?

Video Transcript

The answer is No. You can stay on a tourist visa. There are no special visas or green card for such situations.  More...



Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Immigration Law : 
Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment