K visa

If a person comes to United States with a K1 visa and the petitioner didn't marry him or her what happens to the beneficiary? Especially if the beneficiary is a victim of domestic violence and there is a minor child in between? Is there any change in the law that could benefit the victim?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Such person would be deportable unless they come under Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) or similar provisions.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment