K-1 visa

My fiance and I have started the process with USCIS for a 129-f petition.Are paperwork was recieved on the 24th of March and it may take up to 5 months to complete our petition.My question is, my fiance is a Canadian and she has a son.we really want to have him start school in California in the city where I reside.We will have him registered in the same school as my son for the up coming 2010 school year.Is there anyway that they can come and stay while the petition is pending so he can start school?We have a home to sell in Canada and want to get that under way as well.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

The only way I can think of is driving through from Canada. At the border, his situation should be explained to the CBP officers. It is their discretion to permit or not permit the entry.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment