I have a R J-1

I have a R J-1 i am not subject to the two year rule or section 212 (E). Do i have to leave the country if i adjust my status through marriage? I was advised that i should leave the country for at least 60 days and have my interview in my country. Is this correct?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

I see no reason to leave. The 60-day advice makes sense only if you have just entered USA.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment