J-2 visa and I-275

My spouse is J-1 and is in US and I want to apply for J-2 to enter US. But 10years back I was denied entry in US on my B1/B2 Visa with I-275 executed stamp on my passport because in my last stay in US I attended college for a semester on B1/B2 visa. So I need to ask are there chances that I will get a J-2 visa to join my spouse?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

It is entirely in the discretion of the consular officer whether or not to give you a J-2 visa. Impossible to predict.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment