Query about H1B Visa transfer

I have my H1B through a consultant company in USA. I never traveled on this visa and never worked for this consultant company. Now I have a direct job offer from another employer. My new employer wants me to work for them directly instead of going through my current visa sponsor. Can I transfer my visa to my new employer and enter US on this new visa? What is required for this? And how much time shall it take?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Sure. Have the new employer apply for H-1 for you. Apply for premium processing.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment