H1 Visa

I have come to US through my company with my L1 Visa. I am currently working with my client. There is an agreement between my company and my client not to hire my company employees within 6 months after quitting. I cannot move to any other company here in US as i am on L1. My company is not willing to file H1 either. If I have to move to a different company I should have a H1 Visa filed. Recently my client offered me to join their company, but I don't have my H1 and i cannot join my client company even if i get my H1 because of the 6 months restriction. What are the different options to join my client.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

This seems to be an issue of contract only. Immigration law does not stop you from changing.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment