H4 Visa Stamping

I recently switched jobs and had my H1-B transferred from Company A to Company B. I have all the H1-B sponsorship documents in place from Company B. I am married and my wife is on H4 visa. My wife is currently in India and she has a valid visa and I-94 based on my Company A H1. My wife’s visa and I-94 are valid thru Sept. 30, 2010. My question is, although I have the all the approved papers for my wife’s new H4 visa based on Company B, instead of having her go for a re-stamping can she fly back on her old but valid visa and I-94?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

She should be able to enter with her existing H-4 visa as long as she enters USA before the visa expires. But note that her H-4 I-94 given upon entry would be valid only till the visa stamp validity, so you may have to eventually get the visa restamped, or PERHAPS get the H-4 extended again.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment