Visa Stamp

I am planning to go home (outside US) for a month vacation this coming Dec. I have a visa stamp from my PREVIOUS employer that will expire on March 15, 2012. 1. Do I still need to go to the US embassy in my home country (where I am going for a vacation) since I have a new employer? 2. Could I use the visa stamp from my previous employer and present it to my point of entry? 3. Let's say I did not move to another employer, is there a time line when I can still use the visa stamp when I leave&go back to US(like for example, mine is nearing the expiration)?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

1. In your situation, the same visa stamp is good for any employer as long as you have not been out of status even for a day while in USA.
2. Yes.
3. Visa can be used as long as it is valid.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment