Request to Upgrade to Premium Processing

My employer filed my H-1B petition during the Quota using regular processing. Now we have received an RFE. Is it possible to change to premium processing now in order to receive an earlier decision from USCIS?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

When the RFE response is submitted to USCIS, a request to upgrade the petition to premium processing can be submitted along with the response.  In order to upgrade to premium processing, a new Form G-28 and a Form I-907 will need to be prepared and sent to the employer for signature to be submitted to USCIS with the request to upgrade to premium processing.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment