Petition to extend H-1B Visa

My H-1B approval notice is valid for four more months. When can I begin the process to extend my H-1?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

A petition to extend your H-1B can be submitted for receipt by USCIS no sooner than six months prior to the expiration of your current H-1B, so you could begin the process at any time now.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment