Filing H-1B Petition while Passport Expires in Six Months

How can I file an H-1B petition if I have less than six months before my passport will expire?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You can submit evidence that you have applied for an extension of your passport along with the H-1B petition.  Such evidence may include copies of any documentation sent for the passport renewal.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment