Change of Visa From H-1B to F-2

I am currently on H-1B visa. Is there a way I can change the visa to F-2 without going back to India? My fiancé is here on F-1 visa and this visa is valid till Sep 2014.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You must be married to the F-1 holder in order to be eligible for F-2 status.  Fiances do not qualify for derivative status.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment