Adjustment of Status from H-4 to H-1

I may be travelling US on H-1B next year with my spouse on H-4. Is there any possibility to find a job in US for my husband through H-1B sponsor by some consultants and how much risk is involved in this?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

As long as there is quota remaining on the H-1B, the law permits change of status from H-4 to H-1. And, if the H-1 is denied, that does not affect the existing H-4. So, no legal risk that I can see.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment