Sponsoring green card for brother

I am a legal permanent resident for 14 years; I would like to know what I need to do to ask for my brother to become a permanent resident or green card. He’s here in U.S visiting me with his visa. He is 27 years old and not sure if I am eligible to request it.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You cannot petition for brother until you become a US Citizen. And, even after that, it takes over 10 years to get a green card. See family category 4 in the current visa bulletin: http://www.immigration.com/visa-bulletin

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment